Sport is an integral part of our life. The moment of its occurrence is considered the first Olympic Games in Ancient Greece in 776 AD. e., although some of its species are mentioned in the days of Ancient Egypt four millennia ago. In today’s world, many of us exercise to be active and healthy. We like to watch various competitions, “cheer” for the participants. And, of course, learn interesting facts.
Sports evoke a lot of emotions. The achievements of athletes, the will to win, incredible events delight and amaze.
Do you know these interesting facts about sports:
- Brazil is the only country in the world that has taken part in all the World Cups.
- The most popular sport in cinema is boxing.
- In ancient Greece, the birthplace of the Olympic Games, all participants set their records without clothes, naked.
- The most popular home exercise machine is the orbitrek.
Everyone knows the names of popular athletes, even those who are very far from sports. People are interested in literally everything – from everyday life to records. This is not surprising, because they are guided by famous personalities, take an example from them. Here are some interesting facts about famous athletes:
- Fernando Alonso, Formula 1 driver, got behind the wheel of a kart at the age of three.
- Niels Bohr, the famous physicist, was the goalkeeper of the Danish national team.
- The fastest goalkeeper is Joe Hart.
And how many interesting facts there are about different sports. For example, did you know that the football chant “Ole-ole” appeared thanks to the Spanish bullfight, where the matador shouted this word. Or here’s an amazing fact. A new sport appeared – chess boxing. It has 11 rounds, where the even ones are chess and the odd ones are boxing. The motto of the players: “Battles take place in the ring, and wars are fought on the board.” Fights have been going on since 2003.
Health and sports
Scientists have conducted research and revealed the following interesting facts about the impact of an active lifestyle on well-being:
- for the elderly, the most useful sports are tennis, badminton, swimming, cycling;
- the more we move, the better memory works;
- sport is the best prevention of depression, diabetes and stroke;
- physical education and a reasonable diet are a direct salvation from obesity;
- active sports activities have a positive effect on the sexual health of men and women.
Of course, these are not all amazing, useful, entertaining facts. And if you are still not among those who lead an active and healthy lifestyle, join our fitness club. Perhaps you will have your own personal achievements, records, victories.